Fading



  I haven't written anything in a while..... not because there are not things that I have strong opinions about, but because I just can't find it lately. I'm in a funk, and I don't know what to do about it. I have started no fewer than four different blogs in the past month and a half, but I just can't find the rhythm to flesh them out and finish them. I hate this.. it's like losing my voice in the middle of a conversation.
  I've had a lot of things going on in my life this year. Perhaps this is the cause of the loss of my ability to put words to print. It's hard to find clarity amidst chaos, and that's what it's been since the early Spring. Added to that is the fact that I have been in some pain recently, mostly in my hands and knees. Age has a way of slowing you down, and it's never subtle. In any case, I have been distracted by these things, personal and public, that have made it hard for me to compose.
 I have plenty of opinions about all that is going on in the nation and the world, but I just can't find it in me to write it down. I would love to be able to tell you how I feel about the NFL, and the way that they have invaded all aspects of our lives, but I can't get it together. I would love to talk about ISL, and how I feel that the entire Federal Government has failed us. I cannot do so at this time.
 To those who read what I have written: Thank you for being so kind and loyal to me, even when what I have written was poorly written. You have been my friends to the end, and I will always appreciate that. 
 I don't know when, or if, I will ever find the inspiration that I need to write again. If I do, well, then.. you will see it here. If not, all I can say is that it's been fun. I've always written from the heart. 
  I wish Peace and Love for you all. Never forget the angels of Sandy Hook. I know that I will not.
 John Zaffino, September 20, 2014
  Kent Lakes, NY

Comments

  1. you have always been good , I think what this is called writers block , i'm sure we all will waiting as long as it takes Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, that's very sweet of you to say, and I really appreciate it.
      Love,
      John

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aging.... Gracefully?

Summer

Thoughts On Thanksgiving- Part I