My Back Pages: Reluctant Politics: A week or so ago, I posted on my Facebook page that I was backing away from politics on facebook, except for my blog. Well, circumstances...
I was reading an article on line the other day and came across a paragraph that focused on 'Baby Boomers' (I hate that title), and it said that some of us were elderly. Curious, I looked up 'Elderly' to find out at what age one becomes elderly, and was shocked to find that I passed that milestone two years ago! How could this be? My mind is still sharp, even if my eyes aren't. My wit is nimble, even if my body isn't. This just could not be true, I told myself. So, I searched several more times, and each time came back with the same result.... I'm elderly. I was stunned. Then, I started to think about aging, and what we have been led to believe we were going to be in for, as opposed to the truth. My conclusion is that we have been led down the garden path to smell the roses, and instead have become lost in the woods. We have been told all of our lives that we will grow old gracefully. Ha! Let me tell you, for most of us, there is nothing graceful about...
Well, here we are in the thick of another Presidential campaign, and the haters have been at it since the beginning of the last one. They don't seem to want to stick to any legitimate issues; they would rather throw whatever nasty, despicable lie they can find out there to see what they can get others to believe. "He wasn't born here!" (A lie!) He's not a Christian (A lie and, even if he wasn't, so what?) He hates America... what? Do you even hear yourselves, or don't you care about how ignorant you sound? I don't care if you don't like the man's politics or not, but throwing hateful and ignorant statements out there just makes you look bad. If you don't like where he stands on the political spectrum, fine. Go after him on the issues, if you even can, at this point. I didn't hear this kind of crap when President Bush was spending us into debt. Or when Cheney said that he didn't give a damn about what the American people wanted. Th...
May 21, 2013 September 6,2013 When I last posted, I had dropped from 226 pounds to 205 pounds in about three months time. I was going to wait a while before I posted again, but I felt that I had to post now, since I have now arrived at one of my self-made goal weights.. 200 pounds. I am now well on my way to reaching my goal weight of 162 pounds. I still have a long way to go, 38 pounds more, to be specific, but I now know that it is not only possible, it is going to happen, as long as I stick to what I am doing, and remember to shake. Sensa has given me one tool, and mad...
Comments
Post a Comment